Customer reviews for Rolling Travel Laptop Case - Fits Laptops with Screen Size Up to 17" - Black
Review 1 for Rolling Travel Laptop Case - Fits Laptops with Screen Size Up to 17" - Black
(San Jose, California)
Duration of Product Use:Months
Level of Expertise:Expert
XPS1710 cases - keep looking.
PostedJanuary 4, 2008
No, I do not recommend this product.
If you bought a XPS1710 because you need the display size as we do for our network analysis SW, then you are already committed to "lugging around a large form-factor laptop system", but for anyone who is a road warrior who is taller than 5' 7" or there abouts, my personal feeling is that this case causes more problems than its worth. I suggest you either commit to keeping a separate case for your accessories and get the 17" thiner case or get the new smaller 15" or 13" XPS system if you can. :-)
Pros:Targus is a pretty good case designer ... so there are some real positives compared to other cases...
(1) Big enough to carry most mobile office component's.
(2) Cost is very reasonable for a case of this size. Looks good in the catalog.
(3) the Zippers are pretty darn good. They have leather pull tags and are pretty well installed. My problem with my first pack (the backpack for the 1710) was the zipper's... So these zippers are much better IMHO.
Cons:(1) This case's balance causes it to fall over when the front-side storage compatrment's are used for almost anything. This has to do with the design of the front leg and the bottom panel stiffener, and is not fixable per se that I can see.
(2) The internal placement of the accessories-section is very poorly designed in that its hard to get to.
(3) There is no place to keep the power brick for the system that was designed for that, and this means that the cords and other large accessories (i keep a small switch and its PS there as well, sort of all lay on top of each other.
(4) the construnction of the handle is built for someone about 5'7" in height, and it youre any taller, it will be uncomfortable to 'drag'.
(5) the construction of the tall collapsable pull-handle is 'poor' in my opinion, the latches in the pull handle are very poor quality in my opinion.
(6) The Canvas Handles which the case is meant to be lifted by a very poorely placed and this requires that you use two hands to open the frontside pocket since the handle flops over it and occludes the zipper track for the pocket.
(7) the Shoulder Belt is not long enough for a 6' tall person... I had to actually have had one made for me (I am 6' 2")
72of73voted this as helpful.
Share this Review:
Based on the average of (6) ratings-only reviews
Ratings-only reviews for Rolling Travel Laptop Case - Fits Laptops with Screen Size Up to 17" - Black